Thursday, October 30, 2014

AM vs. PM / Runaway Ralph

Today I taught two lessons. One was about Am vs. PM. The students created a time dance that demonstrated what one does during 11:15, 8:30, and 3:00. The students chose if it was AM or PM.Mrs. Weaver took some video clips of the class. The second lesson was a book lesson based on the book Runaway Ralph. I used energy qualities to teach to the standard of reflecting on how characters respond to major events in the chapter. For example, "Drat! says Ralph to himself." Ralph's mom with trembling whiskers was full of fear. Ralph's big breath came out as a poof! The student matched these moments with energy qualities percussive, suspend, explode, and so forth. If I would teach this lesson again, I would try and give them more examples so they are not copying each other. I would also invite Mrs. Weaver to participate more in team teaching the lesson so she can feel confident in using some of these techniques. Enjoy.

1 comment: